Sunday, August 11, 2013

So ’90s Jellies Are Back In Style


jellies

I was recently gifted some extra cash, so while I was killing time the other day I wondered into American Apparel. To my surprise I saw a table full of Jellies. I instantly flashed back to the Little Mermaid Jellies I had when I was around 8 years old. It was summer and the fire hydrant was open. We were all playing in the water to get out of the summer heat. I felt something on my foot. I took my foot out o f my shoe and the shoe was filled with blood. I had stepped on a piece of glass that cut right through my Jellies. The thing is, I was unaffected by my wound and and devastated that my Little Mermaid Jellies had been ruined.
So I got a new pair. I had never seen ones with heels before so I snagged a clear glittery pair.
photo
Theres are essentially the most comfortable shoes I own. I am not big on sandals so this is a good way to have my toesies out without wearing flip flops. I decided to do a bit of research on Jellies because I know nothing about the makers. Apparently they’re from a British company called JuJu who also make Wellies, the popular rain boot.
According to JuJu, “Juju started life in 1986 as injection moulders to the shoe trade in the UK. A family run business founded by Rushton Schafer (Ruston Ablett Ltd) and based here in Northampton ‘the shoe capital of Britain,” we pioneered the production of the original injection sandals. These were soon nicknamed “jelly shoes” due to their soft jellylike finish and soon became a fashion and seaside favourite.”
They come in all different colors and I want them allllll. I don’t care if they make me look like an 8-year-old playing in a sandbox. They are so cuuuuuuuuuute.
Screenshot 58
After some research I found out that jelly shoes have been around for A WHILE. Although JuJu is probably the most popular brand, jelly shoes are believed to have been created in France around the 1950s or ’60s. Due to a leather shortage, it’s speculated that, a shoemaker decided to make shoes out of PVC after plastic became a common material. Isn’t it crazy that stuff used to not be made out of plastic? In the 1980s, the U.S., saw a jelly shoe fad because you could buy a pair for less than 1 dollar. However, in 1983 when Bloomingdales ordered 2,400 for sale, they became mainstream and fashionable.
Source:http://adf.ly/Tpqhl

Here’s where you can get yours.





No comments:

Post a Comment